Migraines can rob one of time spent with family and friends, limit recreational and social activities, and diminish quality of life. In America, 18% of women, 6% of men, and 10% of children experience migraines, while 12% of adults overall have at least occasional migraines. What are some common migraine symptoms?
- Nausea and possible vomiting
- Sensitivity to light, sounds, and some smells
- Throbbing or pounding pain usually affecting one side of the head
- Lasting anywhere from 4 to 72 hours
More than just the pain, migraines often affect a person in other ways. A study was conducted revealing just what these can be. Here is a brief list of the findings:
- Social Problems: As many as 1 in every 3 migraine sufferers were leery about making plans due to the fact that a migraine may cause them to have to cancel.
- Household Activities: When a migraine hits, 85% of patients have problems doing their daily chores.
- Family Issues: An alarming 50% of migraine sufferers have more arguments at home.
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and migraines download our complimentary e-book by clicking the image below.
Contrary to popular belief, migraines are not just bad headaches. Although they do produce head pain, they are actually neurological in origin. Some feel that migraines exist in people with a hyper-sensitive nervous system. Therefore, anything from extra stress to lack of proper rest can trigger an episode. Another thing to consider is that modern medicine targets symptoms rather than the underlying cause. This is leading more people to seek out natural, safe alternatives.
Source Chiropractic and Wellness Offers Natural Migraine Relief
Upper cervical chiropractors have seen many migraine cases improve when the atlas – the top bone of the neck – is put back into proper position. A misalignment of this bone can be the underlying cause of migraines. Using a gentle method, the bone can be moved back into its original place, relieving stress from the brainstem, and restoring communication throughout the body. This is an effective method for helping migraine pain or potentially eliminating migraines altogether.
To schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Cheney call our Draper office at 385-237-3110. You can also click the button below.
if you are outside of the local area you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com